livetoread

D_Reads

Sharing a love of reading and books with everyone!

Seducing Mr. Knightly  - Maya Rodale I had problems with this book. It was nothing with the author's writing but the characters. Having read the other books that feature such dominant and bold heroines, it was hard to connect with this heroine because she was NOT any of those things. I find it hard to rate books where the character is so totally opposite what I desire to read. I try to be fair but its hard to do so when it is the characters that drive me. Annabelle attempts to catch Derek's attentions came off as juvenile and manipulative to me. And Derek, such a domninat figure anyway, came off even more so (to the point of being an A**hole) in comparison. I don't think I would have thought anything of his behavior if Annabelle had been his equal in strength. While I did enjoy it, this was not a favorite of mine. This book as a concluding book leaves me disappointed and unsatisfied; I hope there will be other books in this series in the future.*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*